Select a Month

19 de mayo de 2014

Enjoy Local


Since the time I discovered how good coffee tasted, my first mission was to try them in every coffee shop around town and find the one with the best taste. Even though I haven't try them all yet, I came with the conclusion that the best coffee I could ever taste is the one made in local coffee shops who use the coffee cultivated here in our country. Thanks to that experience, I started to focus on local products as well as local independent artists. So I decided to create a new section called Shop Local.
 The T-Shirt I'm wearing here is a design from De Tripas y Corazones by an artist who I spotted at a fair, where he was selling his art. I found interesting and original how he recreates inside body parts with engraving and silkscreen making it very fun. Also, I admire the way he takes advantage of his art making not only posters and T-Shirts, but he also collaborates with Dulce Calavera (another local artist) who makes handmade handbags. 

P.S. There are a lot of good things coming on the blog for the Events section, so make sure to stay tuned!

*Don't forget: "Shop local. Eat local. Spend local. Enjoy local."
Sincerely, Andrea Devoto     




T-Shirt: De Tripas y Corazones / Shorts: Zara / Sunglasses: UO

8 comentarios:

  1. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1236992-d3953172-Reviews-Cafe_Gran_Batey-Utuado_Puerto_Rico.html
    te recomiendo visites este lugar en Utuado, en mi opinión el mejor café en PR. la pequeña hacienda cafetalera podría ser otro hermoso spot para un futuro blogpost, entre su siembra de café y chinas. Ofrecen un mini tour que te lleva por todo el proceso de la preparación del café, muy interesante y finaliza con una probadita gratuita del delicioso café, preparado por sus atentos dueños. Además es otra oportunidad para hacer turismo interno, otro spot justo al ladito es el Parque Ceremonial Indigena de Caguana.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Gracias por las recomendaciones! Definitivamente las tomaré en cuenta :)

      Eliminar
  2. looks beautiful.
    love your sense of style.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The artist's name is Uziel Orlandi Alegría

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes! I didn't know if he likes to be recognize by his name or just by the brand. That's why I didn't mention it.

      Eliminar
  4. I really like your shoes! I think they're funky and fashion forward. I was just wondering if they were from Jeffrey Campbell or if you found them some where else...?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! They are White Mountain. You can find them in Marshall's or on the internet.

      XAndrea Devoto

      Eliminar