Select a Month

3 de octubre de 2013

Girl Power

Through the years, women become more powerful and more outstanding. Who runs the world? Sure we do. Since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a singer. Clearly I don't have the best voice but I always admire the ones who do. I started walking for the first time by myself at a party. I wanted to be where the music was, so I walked to the dance floor and started dancing. This is what happens when I listen to these amazing girls. I just want to start dancing and singing my heart out.

Florence from Florence+ The Machine:

This indie rock goddess and her powerful voice makes goosebumps all over my skin. Her dark music and her Renaissance style are what caught my attention two years ago. I've been obsessed with her ever since. On stage seems like she was taken directly from the Olympus and her voice is strong but magical. In real life she's this sweet person that talks with a really pretty and soft voice. Besides being an extremely talented singer and musician, she has a really good sense of style. This stunning red hair has been wearing the best designer's outfits such as Versace, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Givenchy, etc... Who wouldn't want to be her?

Kimbra:
Another stunning artist with one of the strongest voices alive. This New Zeeland lady records her own voice on stage and plays it on repeat while she sings. Basically she doesn't need any backup singers. When it comes to fashion, she dresses like a doll with outfits a little bit extravagant and her face is always flawless. She likes to mix color and prints which makes her style very unique.

Lorde:
When I first heard Lorde's music I wasn't aware that was a sixteen year old girl singing. Her voice is deep so I thought it was at least a twenty year old women. This young New Zeeland artist has become popular very soon and her single "Royals" is at the radio every time I turn it on, but it's not annoying at all because the beat is SO good. Her dark style make her look mature just like her music is. Can't wait to hear more about her!

Oh land:

This time, Oh Land came with so much energy in her music and with the coolest style ever. "Renaissance Girls" is one of the songs I have stuck in my head all the time. Her feminist message speaks for all of us. "I think it's important to remember girls are pretty cool too", she says in an interview with Nylon mag. Her green eyes and her pretty pearly white smile matches perfectly with her blue hair. It's a little bit crazy but she's rocking it and it complements her futuristic and fun style.

These four amazing artists are my obsession lately. Their music and style are such an inspiration to me. You should take the time to hear their music, you're gonna love it and maybe be obsessed like I am

xx
Andrea Devoto

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario